Duties and Responsibilities
- Studying the family atmosphere of the patient and knowing the output of his disease also discovering effective reasons from financial, educational, healthful and social relations sides.
- Studying different factors that helped disease to show up and different medical establishments that he visited regularly with different developments of treatment.
- Helping patient and his family to accept doctors' advices through eliminate or decrease anxiety and fear that became from hospital atmosphere.
- Making in-details report about medical, social, financial and educational aspects that will help the doctor in diagnosed the patient in a perfect way to make the suitable treatment plan.
- Helping medical team to understand the importance of psychological, social aspects came with the disease.
- In some psychosomatic cases that psychological and social factors had turn; the role of social worker is to eliminate that factors especially during the treatment period.
- Convincing patient to continue treatment plan and informing him with complications if refuse to continue.
- Explaining symptoms, reasons of the disease, protection way and treatment plan to the patient and his family.
- Offering programs and activities to group of patients, either athletics, educational, entertainment, or social, especially for patients who will stay for long time.
- Doing rounds and meets new patients during admission.
- Knowing the program of General Medical Comity and other social authorities to help patients who need transfer to other medical establishments.
- Participating in Yearly Healthy Week, to get more benefits through lectures, brochures, books and films which help to educate patients in health field.
- Gathering and evaluate special information that related to treatment plan and available program of Medical Social Service.
- Arrange suitable discharge plan for the patient and trying to make normal atmosphere for patient at home.
- Offering social and psychological assist for patients who need that.
- Attend meetings which organized by social service authorities if requested, and participating in comities according to orders the head of the department.
- Help students of college and students of high studies.
- Coordination with Nursing departments and medical team regarding making plane for long stay patients.
- Complete familiarity with social service job through knowledge, philosophy, goals, concepts and moralities.
- Familiarity with administrative system in medical social service, policies and the following procedures in medical establishments.
- Having skills that will help to make social relations and the ability to keep and continues them.
- Linguistic knowledge that will support speaking and discussing ability and having the ability to communicate in both languages Arabic and English.
- Having courses of knowledge and abilities renewal which will help to be aware of development in social and psychological sciences.聽聽
EducationSocial Service/ Sociology
- Job Location
- Khamis Mushait, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Medical Hospital
- Company Type
- Employer (Public Sector)
- Job Role
- Medical, Healthcare, and Nursing
- Employment Type
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies